catching up ...





Where did the month go? Suddenly it's Easter weekend, spring is finally here and there is a lot going on in this busy house.

I hope you had a lovely Easter weekend. We hosted dinner with family on Sunday. It was all about simplicity. Fresh, simple flowers in my milk glass cups, and rumply linen. It was a look I was going for, I promise. Who needs to iron linen? It is supposed to be rumpled. I am my mother's daughter.

We ordered a honey baked spiral ham from local west-end butcher Vince Gasparro. It was delicious and all I had to do was warm it in the oven. Keeping it simple. I made a mustard sauce to accompany it and our meal was rounded it with mashed potatoes, fresh green beans, asparagus and roasted carrots. We started off with Oh She Glows recipe for Carrot, Apple & Ginger Soup. Dessert - Lemon tarts, Lemon pie and chocolate date squares were provided by my lovely mother-in-law and Auntie Helga. Yum. 




I have been guilty of languishing over on Instagram of late. I do  apologize, but it's just too easy to share what inspires there when time is tight. But I do miss my blog, and have been told by friends, to get back to it. So here I am. But please come and join me on Instagram anyways :)



Have you heard of the #100HappyDays "movement"? 
It's a challenge to be happy for 100 days in a row. Now, I'm generally a pretty happy person, but sometimes we forget to focus on those moments in our day that make us happy. It can be fleeting. It can be something so simple, like walking in the sunshine with your kids, but it fills you with that warm and fuzzy happy feeling that you just want to freeze in time. 

Like this...




So it's simple. Every day I submit a snapshot of something that made me happy. I'm sharing on Instagram. I think it will be fun to look back at the end of the 100 days to reminisce.

Wishing you a very happy week.

Debra




No comments

Thanks so much for your comments!